Sweet Mung Bean Dessert Soup Recipe
Traditional Chinese sweet mung bean (green bean) dessert soup is a healthy snack or dessert that is very easy to make. Serve cold in summer or hot in winter.
60 g (2 oz) mung beans
1.4 litre (1.5 qt) water
3 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- Soak beans overnight, or least for 4 hours, in plenty of water.
- Place beans in a large pot, add water.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and simmer for 20 minutes (do not cover).
- Turn heat off, cover, steep for 30 minutes. Add sugar, stir.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour, and serve.
Mung beans, according to Chinese physicians, have a ‘cooling’ effect on the body, so this is a very popular dish in summer. The dish can also be served hot.
CHINESE NAME OF THIS DISH
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS RECIPE …
Taiwan Cold Noodles
This Taiwan salad, cold noodles with chicken in a tangy sesame and black vinegar dressing is delicious, and quick and easy to make following this recipe.