Egg Fried Rice Recipe
This Chinese egg fried rice recipe is simple to make at home with these easy-to-follow instructions. This delicious Taiwan-style dish is a wholesome meal in one dish.
3 oriental cucumbers
1/2 medium-sized carrot
2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
5 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 chilli pepper, sliced
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
- Scrub cucumber and rinse skin well (do not peel).
- Cut cucumbers lengthways into quarters. Cut crossways into finger-length pieces.
- Slice carrot into matchstick-sized slivers.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of salt over cucumbers and carrot. Mix in.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Rinse off salt and drain.
- Add remaining teaspoon of salt, rice vinegar, garlic, chilli pepper, sugar. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for a further 3 hours, mix and serve.
For a variation add a teaspoon of finely diced ginger. You can substitute the cucumber with another vegetable such as radish, kohlrabi, cabbage or Chinese cabbage.
CHINESE NAME OF THIS DISH
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS RECIPE …
Deep Fried Tofu
This Chinese deep fried tofu dish goes well with a dipping sauce. Great as a snack or as part of a meal. It is easy to make following this recipe.